Leyden Credit Union was founded by teachers of District 212 in 1955 as Leyden Schools Credit Union. Membership quickly grew to include all school districts within Leyden Township.
In 1994 we became a community credit union welcoming all who live or work in Leyden Township and changed our name to Leyden Credit Union.
We recently added the following six additional townships to our charter: Addison, Elk Grove, Lyons, Maine, Proviso, and York.
All who live, work, or worship in our Field of Membership, as well as their families, are welcome to join Leyden Credit Union and enjoy the benefits of membership with a full service financial institution.
The credit union industry philosophy of “people helping people” has been a basic part of LCU since the beginning, with low-cost loans, excellent savings rates and minimal fees. We continue that tradition today by offering the latest advancements in financial services to our members – at minimal cost.