Initial Deposit Requirements
Basic Checking - no minimum required
Premier Checking - minimum of $500 to open and maintain this account
The following products and services are offered free of charge.
- Routine/regularly scheduled electronic deposits originated by Leyden Credit Union using
the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system
- Financial Institution Wires from another Financial Institution into Leyden Credit Union
- Point of Sale transactions using the Leyden Credit Union Visa Check Card
- Online images of paper checks that have cleared Leyden Credit Union within the last
The following services may cause a fee to be assessed to your account.
- Under minimum balance in Premier Checking: $5 per month
- Financial Institution Wires from Leyden Credit Union to another Financial Institution:
- Monthly User Fee for Basic Checking without direct deposit : $2.00 per month
- Request to Reconcile Statement: $20 per hour with minimum of 1 hour
- Non-Sufficient Funds Charges: $25.00 per paper check
- Account Closure by credit union for misuse: $25.00
- Stop payments: $25.00 per paper check. If you make payments electronically, there is no
charge for editing pending payments.
- Overdraft protection: $5.00 per overdraft. Transfers will be made for the exact amount
- Paper copies of account statements: $1.00 per page.
- Paper copies of checks: $3.00 each up to 5; $1 each after 5 plus document retrieval fee
Interest Rate Information
No interest will be paid on the Basic Checking account. Interest is paid on balances
maintained in Preferred Checking.
Electronic Funds Transfer Limitations
There are limits on the dollar amount of cash withdrawals you can make using Automated
Teller Machines, and you will be informed of these limits when you receive your card.