|Leyden Credit Union||PO Box 236
Franklin Park IL 60131
VISA Check Card / ATM - Agreement & Disclosure
In this agreement the words “we”, “us”, or the “Credit Union” refer to the credit union named above; the words ”you” and “your” refer to the member (and joint account holder, if any); the words “Check Card/ATM Card” refer to the Leyden Credit Union Check Card/ATM access card. “Disclosure Statement” refers to the Electronic Funds Transfers Initial Disclosure Statement. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions for use of your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card and PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN). By using your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card, you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement and Disclosure Statement.
1. LEYDEN CHECK CARD/ATM CARD: The Leyden Check Card/ATM Card is the property of Leyden Credit Union and is subject to revocation at any time. It must be returned to us upon request. You agree that the Leyden Check Card/ATM Card issued to you may be impounded automatically by the Credit Union at any time at an automated terminal. You agree that you will be the only one to use the Leyden Check Card/ATM Card issued to you and that you will not divulge, give, or make available to any other person, even Credit Union employees, your PIN either directly or indirectly at anytime.
2. PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN): The Credit Union will issue to you, under separate mailing, a PIN to be used with your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card. You agree not to write your PIN on your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card and not to carry your PIN with you at the same time as you carry your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card. You agree to make every effort to commit your PIN to memory.
3. AUTHORIZATION: We will treat each transaction made at any automated terminal involving your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card and your PIN as having been made or authorized by you. If the account to which the Leyden Check Card/ATM Card is related is a joint account, all those transactions will be binding on all parties to the account.
4. WITHDRAWAL: You will be assigned a daily withdrawal limit. You agree not to use your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card to withdraw funds in excess of your balance(s). In the event that you do withdraw funds in excess of your balance(s) in your account(s), you hereby agree to authorize the Credit Union to debit any of your account(s), with the exception of IRA accounts, not so overdrawn and thereby cover your unauthorized withdrawal.
5. RECEIPTS: Cash withdrawals made with your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card shall be evidenced by a receipt created electronically at the time of the withdrawal and you agree that any such cash withdrawal shall constitute a valid change against your account.
6. DEPOSITS: If there is a discrepancy between the amount found at an automated terminal in your deposit envelope and the amount you state as being deposited, we will credit you with the amount found in the deposit envelope. Recent deposits may not be available for withdrawal through an automated terminal until verification has been completed.
7. CANCELLATION: You shall have the right to cancel your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card and PIN at any time upon giving us written notice of such intention and by returning to us your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card.
8. CREDIT INFORMATION: You authorize the Credit Union to obtain such credit information relating to you as we deem necessary in order to carry out the terms of this Leyden Check Card/ATM Card agreement.
9. AMENDMENT: You acknowledge and agree that this Leyden Check Card/ATM Card Agreement is subject to change at any time by the Credit Union. The Credit Union will provide written notice to you of any change. This notice may be given by mail to your last known address.
10. SERVICE FEES: By application for and/or use of the Leyden Check Card/ATM Card, you shall be subject to service fees in accordance with fee schedules adopted by the Credit Union from time to time. Fees will not be refunded due to cancellation or other reasons. Such fees include:
You hereby authorize the Credit Union to debit any of your accounts, with the exception of IRA accounts, to cover any or all of such fees and charges.
11. DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: This Agreement incorporates by reference the terms and conditions of the Electronic Fund Transfer Initial Disclosure Statement included in this brochure. Your liability for unauthorized transactions and limitations on our liability are set forth in the Disclosure Statement.
12. RELATED ACCOUNTS: This Agreement will be subject to the agreement & rules and regulations covering the account(s) to which your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card relates.
13. CONTINUED EFFECTIVENESS: If any terms of this Agreement are determined by a governmental authority to be ineffective, the rest will continue in effect. A waiver by the Credit Union of any of these terms or conditions on any occasion will not constitute a waiver of the same or any other terms and conditions on any other occasion.
14. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement is made in Illinois and its validity, construction, enforcement and all other matters arising out of the issuance and use of the Leyden Check Card/ATM Card shall be governed by the laws of Illinois.
DIRECT INQUIRIES TO: LEYDEN CREDIT UNION
This disclosure is provided to members/consumers according to the provisions of the Federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act and the Illinois Electronic Transfer Transmission Facility Act. As used in this Disclosure, the words “we”, “us”, or the “Credit Union” refers to Leyden Credit Union. The words “you” and “your” refer to the member/consumer (and joint account holder, if any); the word “card” refers to Leyden Check Card/ATM Card issued to you. The word “terminals” refers to automated teller machines and point of sale terminals. Please read this disclosure statement in its entirety because these disclosures may affect you.
1. IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR CARD OR PIN HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number and address given within this disclosure or call Card Security at 1-800-500-1044 (24 hours). Protect your Leyden Check Card/ATM Card and PIN as you would cash.
2. SUMMARY OF YOUR LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS: Tell us at once if you believe your card has been lost or stolen. Telephoning us is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account plus your maximum overdraft line of credit (if any).
If your VISA Check Card is lost or stolen your liability for unauthorized VISA transactions with the card other than transactions at an ATM is $0. The provisions of this paragraph do not apply to unauthorized use of your VISA Check Card at an ATM. They also do not apply if you were grossly negligent in the handling of your account or card.
If we determine that the unauthorized use situation involving your VISA Check Card is not covered under the pervious paragraph or if the unauthorized use involves your ATM card your liability is determined under this paragraph. If you believe your card has been lost or stolen and you tell us with 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card without permission.
If you do not tell us with 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card or PIN and we can prove we would have stopped someone from using your card without your permission if you had told us you could lose as much as $500.
Also if your statement shows a transfer that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lose after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us on time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
3. OUR BUSINESS DAYS are Monday through Friday. Federally observed holidays are not included.
4. OUR ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER SERVICES: You may use your card to make the following electronic fund transfers:
- Withdraw cash from your checking or savings account.
- Make deposits to your checking or savings account.
- Pay for purchases at places that have agreed to accept the card.
- Perform balance inquiries on checking and savings.
(Some of these services may not be available at all terminals)
5. LIMITATIONS ON ELECTRONIC FUNDS & TRANSFERS:
A) Transactions at terminals (DEBIT): you may withdraw up to $500 from automated teller machines and make purchases up to $2500 at point of sale terminals each day.
B) Transactions at financial institutions and merchants (CREDIT): You may use your card to make purchases up to $2500, less any prior un-posted EFT transfers, each day.
6. SUMMARY OR YOUR RIGHT TO RECEIVE DOCUMENTATION OF TRANSFERS: Periodic Statement: You will receive a monthly account statement if there are any electronic fund transfers during that month. In any case you will received a statement at least quarterly.
Receipts: You will receive a receipt at the time you make any transaction to or from your account using an automated teller machine or electronic terminal.
Exception for receipts in small-value transfers: A financial institution is not subject to provide a receipt if the amount of the transfer is $15 or less.
7. SUMMARY OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR FAILURE TO MAKE OR STOP CERTAIN TRANSFERS: If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions.
We will NOT be liable, for instance:
If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer; If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line; If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash; If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; If the terminal was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
8. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES CONCERNING YOUR ACCOUNT: We disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfer you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing a transfer; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party such as a credit card bureau or merchant, or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders or subpoenas, or laws and regulations; or
- If you give us your written permission.
9. CHARGES FOR ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS:
*Four free withdrawals per month with qualified direct deposit.
FOREIGN CURRENCY TRANSACTIONS: Purchases, cash withdrawals and cash advances made in foreign currencies will be debited from your account in U.S. dollars. The exchange rate between the transaction currency and the billing currency used for processing international transactions is a rate selected by Visa from a range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which rate may vary from the rate Visa itself receives, or the government mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date. The exchange rate used on the processing date may differ from the rate that would have been used on the purchase date or cardholder statement posting date.
In addition to the currency conversion method used, international transactions processed by Visa, including ATM and purchase transactions, will be charged a Visa International Service Assessment (ISA) fee equal to 1% of the transaction amount regardless of the need for a currency conversion or not.
10. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Your accounts may also be governed by other terms and conditions previously set by us. If any of those terms and conditions conflict with the terms and conditions of this disclosure statement, this disclosure statement will prevail.
(ACH/DIRECT DEPOSIT, ATM, VISA CHECK CARD)
Telephone us at 847-455-8440 or write us at 2701 North 25th Avenue, Franklin Park, IL 60131 as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
1. Tell us your name and account number
2. Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we still require that you send us your complaint in writing within 10 business days.
If you notify us of an unauthorized VISA Check Card transaction, other than unauthorized use of the card at an ATM, we will provide you with provisional credit for the amount of the unauthorized use within 5 business days of receiving your notice. We may require written conformation of the unauthorized use before providing provisional credit and may withhold providing provisional credit, to the extent allowed under applicable law, if the circumstances or your account history warrants the delay.
If the notice of error involves a transfer to or from an account within 30 days after the first deposit was made, we will re-credit your account within 20 business days for the amount you think is in error and may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. We may require written confirmation of the complaint or question before re-crediting your account. We may also take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question if the transfer was initiated at a point of sale terminal or was initiated outside the United States.
We will tell you the results within three business days after we finish our investigation. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Leyden Credit Union is part of the following ATM networks*:
|*Networks subject to change.||